Maritime Case Studies
- $3.1 million was awarded to fisherman who sustained a spinal cord injury falling on to the deck during a storm at sea.
- A fisherman was awarded $560,000 after sustaining a serious leg injury while on a fishing vessel. A line snapped and broke, ensnaring his leg after breaking.
- $1.2 million was provided to a fisherman who was fishing on the banks of Georgia after suffering from a serious back injury.
Motor Vehicle Accident Cases
- $750,000 was provided to a young woman after she sustained back injuries due to being struck by a motor vehicle in her own driveway.
- $400,000 was given to a woman who sustained a soft tissue neck injury due to a motor vehicle accident.
- A 36 year old individual was awarded $6.1 million after suffering from a closed head injury and partial leg amputation after an operator of a bus he was a passenger in lost control and hit a guard rail.
- A settlement of $300,000 was reached between a motorcyclist passenger and a construction company after the passenger sustained a back injury as a result of an accident on the motorcycle. A dangerous construction worksite was the cause.
- An 18 year old male was provided with $750,000 after sustaining a spinal cord injury after diving into the shallow end of a swimming pool while intoxicated.
- A woman was awarded $300,000 after sustaining a back injury during a skiing outing when her bindings did not release after a fall.
- $999,000 was provided to a male who suffered from an electrical shock injury while he was plugging in a defective manufactured nightlight. The nightlight was manufactured in China.
- A minor child of a 26 year old male was awarded a settlement of $1.2 million after the father was killed while he worked at a brewery in New Hampshire.
- After a woman was involved in a fatal motor vehicle accident due to a defective accelerator in a motor vehicle driven by a fellow New Hampshire resident, the family of the female killed was given a $1 million settlement.
- $620,000 was awarded to a female passenger of a motor vehicle that was struck by an intoxicated individual who had been overserved at the Fendance Restaurant.
- The family of Floor Sander was given $1 million after Mr. Sander was fatally burned due to a defectively manufactured floor lacquer that resulted in a residential fire.
- A woman who suffered a nerve injury to her shoulder as a result of a negligently performed biopsy was awarded $500,000.
- An individual was given $200,000 after sustaining a stomach injury due to negligently performed surgery.
Municipal Liability/Civil Rights
- A $400,000 verdict was ruled against municipal police officers who initiated a high speed motor vehicle chase in a residential neighborhood that caused a motor vehicle accident where the plaintiff sustained serious injuries.
Landlord Liability/Lead Poisoning
- A child was awarded a $500,000 settlement after sustaining lead poisoning when residing in a rental property owned by the defendant, the landlord.
Job Site Accident
- An employee was awarded $2.3 million after sustaining a spinal injury when falling from a roof on a job site that was controlled by the defendant’s general contractor.